Wednesday, May 15, 2013

BOC: Visiting a Retailer

Bettie Page at the Miracle Mile shops does a great job of keeping their theme throughout the whole store. Bettie Page sells vintage and retro clothing, shoes, and accessories. Their window display features mannequins wearing their latest designs and new arrivals. As soon as you enter the store you see rockabilly paintings hung on a dark wall with a cheetah print floor. There is also a boom box and a tv display playing movies & music from that era. Their sales associates are dressed appropriately to the theme and one out of the two even had the sassy and enthusiastic attitude to match it. They were very well informed about the company and who Betty Page was.

Their price range was a bit high for what I would pay for these types of clothes but then again it really wasn't my style. The sales associate Analisa explained that they are a specialty store and have their own target market who are fanatics of this era and dress like Betty Page on a day-to-day basis. She told me that most people are intrigued about vintage clothing but need a lot of confidence to wear them so a lot of their sales come from accessories as well since it is a mild representation and does not take a lot of courage. I really liked my experience visiting my store and even if it isn't exactly my cup of tea, I appreciated it's uniqueness and ability to maintain the brand in every aspect of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment